These instructions explain how to connect your Tableau account to superQuery’s query optimization engine.
When connected, your queries will pass through superQuery — where it will be automatically optimized — before being executed in BigQuery.
The result: a significant reduction in query costs and execution time.
- Download Tableau desktop application
- Send a list of users who are going to connect to superQuery via Tableau.
Connect Tableau to superQuery
- Open Tableau and click “Add connection”. You will get the following screen:
- Choose MySQL connection.
- Insert server IP and port.
- server: proxy.superquery.io
- port: 3306
- Insert MySQL credentials
- The superQuery team will provide you with a user and password for each user you provided (see prerequisites)
- Currently, we aren’t supporting SSL. Please make sure to uncheck it.
Query the data
- You should now see your databases. Select the database you want to query.
- Compose a custom query by pressing “New Custom SQL” or drag and drop a table.
Now you can start building your own beautiful dashboards.