Last Updated: March 2019
1. Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information
- During your use of our Services, we may collect certain information from you, including your first and last name, email address, social media profile, a mobile phone number. We may not, and do not, require a User to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to access and use Our Services. Users are not required by law to provide such information but must provide it if they wish to become a registered User of the Services. In any event, if for any reason registered Users wish to delete or modify PII, they can change it by logging in to their account or sending us an e-mail with adequate detail of their request to email@example.com and we will make reasonable efforts to modify or delete any such PII pursuant to any applicable privacy laws. Note that unless otherwise explicitly specified herein and/or unless the Users instruct us otherwise, we may retain their PII for as long as reasonably required for the purposes for which such PII was collected, all as permitted under any applicable privacy laws.
- Users can also open an account and signup to the Services via existing third-party social media accounts, such as Google (“Social Network Account”). In the event that a User registers to the Services through his/her existing Social Network Account then such Social Network Account provides us with access to certain information about such User as is stored in the User’s Social Network Account, namely, the User’s public profile and his/her list of friends and/or any other information which is detailed and displayed to the User in the notice which appears during the integration process with such Social Network Account. Please remember that the manner in which the applicable social network uses, stores and discloses your information is governed solely by its policies and Evaluex shall have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of the applicable social network that may be available within our Service.
Communications with us
Users may review, update, correct or delete the PII in their account by contacting us. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your record in our system or stop sending you any information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request that we delete your PII from our database. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Other Websites and Third Party
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your PII without your advance written consent. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist Us in operating Our Site, conducting Our business, or serving Our Users (such as Google BigQuery), so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable information and non-identifiable metadata may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses without any notice or consent.
2. Use of Information We Collect
We may collect, store and use information Users provide to us on Our Site or Service in order to:
- Enable Users to log-in into the Site;
- Ensure all Users follow Our Terms and other rules and policies;
- Ban a User temporarily or permanently for failure to follow Our Terms, rules, and policies, or for other misconduct or inappropriate behavior;
- Respond to questions and comments from Users;
- Provide Users with newsletters, updates, and other materials related to the purposes of the Site, or with information or offers from us or third parties that we believe Users may find useful or interesting;
- Improve the functionality, design, and quality of the Site;
- Caching User’s data, only to the extent we have been requested to do so by the User.
Service Providers and Other Third Parties
We may share non-personally identifiable information with third parties for industry analysis and other commercial purposes, or to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services. No such non-personally identifiable information that we provide to third parties will contain PII. It is important to note that we allow third party behavioral tracking.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
Email Messages (including Direct Marketing)
EVALUEX collects email addresses and phone numbers to send information, newsletters, offers of new or improved Services, advertising and also in order to respond to inquiries or other requests. EVALUEX will not use misleading or false information in the content of those emails, and it will be reasonably identifiable as advertising, as the case may be. You may withdraw your consent to the receipt of such messages by sending a written notice to our e-mail email@example.com or following the un-subscription instructions that may be provided therein.
3. Security and How We Safeguard Information We Collect
The security of Users’ information is highly important to Us. We have put in place appropriate security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to disclosure and use of information Users provide to us. These systems are structured to deter and prevent hackers and others from accessing this information. Due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, however, we cannot provide, and expressly disclaim, any assurance that the information provides to us will remain free from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties who, despite Our efforts, obtain unauthorized access. In addition, We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
4. Inadvertent Disclosure of PII
You acknowledge and accept that, despite our efforts, there may be times or situations when your PII is inadvertently disclosed by Us or by a third party to whom we have disclosed Your PII. You hereby accept that risk and waive any and all claims, causes of action, damages and liability against Us in the event of inadvertent or negligent disclosure of PII.
5. Contacting Us
One of the architectural benefits of the superQuery platform is that it creates a single, governed location for users to access data. This reduces data sprawl, leverages the world-class security of today’s most advanced databases, and gives administrators control over who’s accessing data and how long it’s cached for.
The superQuery platform helps businesses to empower users to analyze data and gain insights to drive business outcomes, but leaves control of your data where it belongs, in your hands.
superQuery holds two classes of data: information about superQuery users and the customer data necessary to answer users’ queries.
- Information about superQuery users includes end-user login/registration information for superQuery users as well as metadata about their usage. Metadata is used to facilitate product improvements, customer support and license auditing. Login information is controlled by customers directly as it is entered on their superQuery instance and they can delete their users’ (i.e. their employees’) information at any time. We retain basic user contact information to send product updates, relevant marketing, training and events based on the users’ contact preferences.
- Once superQuery is connected to a customer database, the superQuery cache retains data from the customer’s database that is fetched in response to a users’ queries. This data is encrypted and stored by superQuery for a maximum of 360 days . If you prefer, you can also take additional steps to reduce the amount of time that query results are held in cache.
Yes. We retain basic user contact information to communicate with our users and customers about our product and security updates, relevant marketing, training and events. superQuery users may opt-out of communications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
superQuery-hosted instances are hosted in the Amazon Web Services cloud and Google cloud service.
At superQuery we are constantly updated with the developments in the privacy and security policies. Our data security program is designed to ensure that the policies, controls and processes are appropriate to the type of personal data and data processing collected. You can find our security policy here: https://web.superquery.io/security
As our customer, you remain in control of your data and data about your users. When you remove users from your superQuery instance, their data will be removed from superQuery’s databases within 30 days. If you wish to delete a superQuery user’s account data, we have a process to permanently anonymize the data.
If you would like superQuery to delete your customer data or superQuery user account detail, please send an email to support@superQuery.io.